How many Trick-or treaters did you get!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Funkster, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Well we had a dissapointing turn out and we live in the city. We had 13 kids all night, last year we had around 80. My wife geared up and bought a crap load of candy because we ran out last year.
    This year we have so much left over it aint funny, I can already feel my belt tightning from the 5lbs I'm going to gain until it's gone:D
    At Least she bought the good stuff this year.
    Mmmmmm Kit Kats!!!
  2. [dfire]knight

Mar 30, 2002
    bend, or
    BIG FAT ZERO. such a bummer. I give out mass amounts of candy too. fill up a bag!
  3. 0.. in Holland we don't really do Samhain..
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Only a handful... maybe six or seven groups. It was chillier than normal, but that never seems to hurt. I was thinking it was leftover anxiety from that wacky sniper that was running around here, but maybe it's a nationwide thing.

Plenty of leftover M&M's. I wish my wife had bought Reese's.
  5. I live a 1/4 mile down a dark driveway; I haven't had a trick-or-treater in the eight years I've lived here.:D
  6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Sad, My child didn't get that much candy, maybe it's because my girlfriends mother held us up trying to flirt w/everyman whose house we went to...single or married...It was so daughters halloween was ruined! She has desperate written on her forehead...Hoah!
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Not a one, which was good because I forgot to buy candy. Instead, I got to enjoy a candlelit pasta dinner for two. Ah, the joys of apartment life. :)
  8. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Even though this was the coldest Halloween in Colorado history we still had 60 kids last night.
  9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    One group of 5-6 kids. I saw them through the peephole though and didn't open. Whew! :)
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yep - it just doesn't happen around here (except on TV :rolleyes: ) either and it was a very wet night.

I stayed in and watched the UEFA cup football and wouldn't have even noticed anything, if it wasn't for this board and the odd reference on TV! ;)
  11. I live in a dorm, but they had organized it so that one hour, the guys could trick-or-treat on the girls side, and the next hour, the girls could come over here. I had some candy, but when most of the girls came, I was playing bass so my roommate handled them. What with at least 15 college women visiting, I missed some opportunities there, eh? :)

An unusual percentage of them were dressed as softball players or Britney-like creatures. Yechh.
    Oh, and some jerk pulled the fire alarm. That was my Halloween.
  12. what a sad turnout for halloween. my house is considered one of the good houses because i give out lots of chocolate and such. well, there were maybe 20 kids and i bought mounds of candy becuase i usually run out even buying so much. well, this year i was begging parents to bring their kids back up to my house as they passed to go somewhere else to give them more candy. i wound up dumping a lot of it in bags. of course the kids who came were tickled pink over how much candy they were getting while the parents groaned, :D
    what a let down it was:(
  13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    We had about thirty kids and about five or so "older" kids. You know, seventeen, palming a cigarette behind them as the croak out "trick or treat". :D
  14. We had about 80 kids. We finally had to shut down, since we ran out of candy. We bought like 11 bags too! :eek:

15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I got 2 of them but the others got away while I was reloading. :D

brad cook
  16. Hahaha!!!

I was caught of guard while acting houseguard at my uncles house while he was away over the weekend. Two little witches rang on the doorbell half an hour after I arrived. I just told them to wait a minute and panicked of to the kitchen where I finally found some liquor pralines from this summer. I hope they've got humour...
  17. We got a bunch of older kids. But mainly that was because I was at work during peak T'orT' hours, adn they thought they would get strings or something from us.

Good thing for Jolly Ranchers.

Rock on
  18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    NONE, i had a show:D

ill tell more about it when i get home, im in study hall right now

19. Not a one ,Ever! :( I think it has something to do with the long dark steep driveway leading to the house or maybe it's the 4 friendly, but rabid like dogs?

20. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    we didn't have any... but me and the wife were trying to pack up all our junk to move into the new house that we got! The move starts this weekend, and we really didn't have an opportunity to deal with the treats!