1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much are these cabinets worth?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dudelike89, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Dudelike89

Dudelike89

Jun 27, 2010
    CA
    I have two cabinets that I am ready to sell...problem is I don't know how much they are worth.

I have the following cabs:
    -Ampeg 4x10 Pro series
    -Ampeg 1x15 Classic series

The 4x10 is in pretty decent condition. The shell is beat up on the top cause of a crappy amp case that dug into it, but besides that it's in good condition.

The Ampeg 1x15 is in near perfect condition. Again, some minor flaws with the shell, I can only find one though.

(I know I don't have pictures yet, but bare with me.....)

The reason I'm wanting to sell these cabs is that my amp (Mesa Big Block 750) is overpowering them wayyy to easily. These are the only ampegs I've ever heard, and I am unsure of how Ampegs are supposed to sound. The only good sound I can get out of these is an ear-bleeding, treble packed tone. I can't really get a warm bassy tone. Is that Ampeg's signature tone? If so, than these ampegs are in good condition sound wise. If not...I bought pieces of junk (unless the tone I described is what you're looking for....).

So yes, how much do you think I could get for those. I don't exactly know the years. If someone would tell me how to find out, I would post it. And I will definitely put up pictures later today.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    You need to have a supporting membership in order to ask these kinds of questions :)