How much better is a Schroeder 1210 than my avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Jun 6, 2005.

1. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Hey, i know the price gap is huge, but i was wonder how much better a 1210 would be than my 2x10 delta avatar? Can a 1210 really fill up a room like it says?

And i also suggest that the schroeder thread needs its OWN search function.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Every thread has it's own search function. It's a feature of the BBS software.

Look above and to the right side of your post.... "Search this Thread"
  3. It is 29% better.
  4. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    i heard 32% but i didnt know if i should believe that.
  5. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Having a Schroeder in your profile enhances your Talkbass coolness points by pile drivingly heavy amounts. But alas, you will not achieve "A-list" status without a Trace V8 and either an El Whappo or a Berg NV425.

6. Vanagon

Nov 13, 2004
    It is 3.46 better units better.
  7. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
  8. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus

Looks like i'll be an A-List'er soon enough then ;)

What's Tom? 5A?
  9. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    To say the least....
  10. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I've got an Ampeg B2R....

I'm passing with a 65.
  11. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I don't even HAVE an amp, I get by on sheer genius and entertainment value.
  12. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yer not from 'round here, is yeh?
  13. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Yes, it does.

I just did a mini-tour with mine, and it performed beautifully. I barely needed PA support, and nothing in my monitors on stage. It's that good. And that's only pushing it with a 400W power amp.... I can't wait till I get my Stewie 1.2 and get to bridge it... :D Mmmm, 1200 watts...
  14. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    what kind of venues were you playing? I've been worried my 830 watt QSC RMX 850 wouldn't be enough!
  15. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

1,000+ church auditorium and an indoor gym/building thing that was about 20ft. extra behind each basketball goal and 30ft. on the sides.
  16. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    The 1210 and a 2x10 Avatar are really two different things. With the Schro having a 12 and an angled internal 10, it definitely goes lower and handles more power before wanting to give. The 2x10 isn't really a fair comparison in that it has two 10's and are front firing. I'm not saying one is necessarily better than the other, but you are going to get different sounds.

If you want punchy and fast, the Avatar will probably get the job done. If you want deeper and lower, more of a 3-D type sound, and can get punchy and fast too, (and I think it's lighter), the Schroeder might be your best bet.

The price difference though is probably the major factor if your budget is of big consideration.

I'll put it this way: That Avatar would make for a good super-value-budget, small gig, and/or half of a two cab set up. The Schro makes for a great standalone cab, lightweight and compact, can throw lots of wattage at it cab.

Oh, and I'd say either one has a 2.34 partecutional +/- rating on them, in comparison to each other, obviously telling you which one is better....obviously, sheesh :rolleyes:

17. konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'd say ~350 bucks better