how much better La15 vs. Workingman15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by password, Jun 2, 2003.

1. password

Jul 28, 2002
    I currently have a SWR LA-15. I am looking to upgrade it so i can get more volume and better sound quality. I am thinking about a Workingman's 15. Question is how much better is it. Yeh, its 100w's more but it has the same size speaker. It cost a lot more so are you just paying for the all the extra electronics or are you really getting a louder and clearer amp.

By the way, i play some pretty heavy rock.
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Maybe try the WM-210c.
  3. I played both...and I personally think the WM-15 is way better then the LA-15...

I believe that you should not get neither...

WM is too expensive for a combo(unless,thats all you're looking for)

and the LA-15 is to is too stripped down.

I suggest maybe a head and a cab...

*shrug* my .02
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    WM-15 is in a different league. I've not been a fan of the LA series at all but I think the WM series sounds great. If you can afford it I'd go with osama_spears and get a head cab combo.

brad cook
  5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    The working mans 15 is in a totally different league, I have played both and the La 15 is, IMO, probably better suited for a bird house than an amp.
  6. yep, I agree that the LA series is not anywhere near the Workingmans combos...try getting one used or from ebay.

I tried an LA 8 and an LA 10 and just did not like them. Then I tried a Workingmans 10 and bought it on the spot.
  7. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Yep me too. The WM 10 works well for me at low level gigs.