Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how much better La15 vs. Workingman15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by password, Jun 2, 2003.

1. password

password

Jul 28, 2002
    I currently have a SWR LA-15. I am looking to upgrade it so i can get more volume and better sound quality. I am thinking about a Workingman's 15. Question is how much better is it. Yeh, its 100w's more but it has the same size speaker. It cost a lot more so are you just paying for the all the extra electronics or are you really getting a louder and clearer amp.

By the way, i play some pretty heavy rock.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Maybe try the WM-210c.

3. I played both...and I personally think the WM-15 is way better then the LA-15...

I believe that you should not get neither...

WM is too expensive for a combo(unless,thats all you're looking for)

and the LA-15 is to bland...it is too stripped down.

I suggest maybe a head and a cab...

*shrug* my .02

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    WM-15 is in a different league. I've not been a fan of the LA series at all but I think the WM series sounds great. If you can afford it I'd go with osama_spears and get a head cab combo.

brad cook

5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    The working mans 15 is in a totally different league, I have played both and the La 15 is, IMO, probably better suited for a bird house than an amp.

6. yep, I agree that the LA series is not anywhere near the Workingmans combos...try getting one used or from ebay.

I tried an LA 8 and an LA 10 and just did not like them. Then I tried a Workingmans 10 and bought it on the spot.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Yep me too. The WM 10 works well for me at low level gigs.