1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How Much Can I Get For a 2004/2005 MIM P Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Livewire, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mods, sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where it should go, please move it if necessary.

So I have a 2004 or 2005 Fender MIM P bass in Brown sunburst. Had this bass for a few years, practiced / gigged with it. The bottom corner where the knobs are has a big paint chip that's deep, body has light marks, neck has light use, nothing I could really notice. Headstock has usual dings. I'm putting a new 09 bridge, pickups, and pickguard on her. Stickers on the back of the bass and one on the front, I'm going to take them off and clean the body before it's sold.

I don't have any good recent pics of her but here it is at my last gig. I'm guessing I can get $200 shipped for it, anybody have any opinions? Thanks!

25338_1275880290335_1029787573_3063.
    25338_1275879810323_1029787573_3063.

2. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    I'd start with 250-300, then go lower. You could probably find a buy for 250 or below 300.

3. Why you sellin?? You look so happy with it!

4. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Honestly, I've been gassing for a new 09 MIM bass in lake placid blue with a maple neck for years. I know the price on the new Fenders are outrageous, and I can't justify having two P basses. I feel like I can part with this old one, and just put the Nordstrand NP4's and Badass II bridge that's on the old one onto the new one. Sure there's some good memories with this bass, but I can't shake a LPB with a maple neck bass...

I'm a big Steve Harris fan if you haven't noticed...

5. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Check your PMs.