Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much can I get for my 94 carvin stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bkchang79, Aug 26, 2002.

1. I want to sell my Carvin stack at home and was wondering how much I can get for it. The stack will consist of a 4x10 cab, 1x15cab, PB500 amp/pre, wires, foot control pedal, and covers. I rarely play the stack since it's too much to carry and won't fit in my apartment. I proably put 40-75 hours on it and the last 5 years I was away from home because of college.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The price would be heavily influenced by where you live, bkchang.

Since you haven't bothered to fill out your profile, we don't know if you're trying to sell it in Tennessee or Tunisia. :confused:

3. I live in berkeley,ca but the carvin stack is in Orange, CA

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

You will find older Carvin amp gear on eBay. I'd look it up and use that as a gauge.

The Carvin discussion page always seems to have threads about these older models but there's nothing set up for selling them there.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Hi,

Ebay would be a good resource for prices.

I'd recommend that you sell all items separately as you'll greatly increase the number of potential buyers. Someone might be dying for the head but has cabinets already. Another might want one of the cabs but not the rest, etc.

If you use ebay, take good photos, write a good, thorough description with accurate analysis of the condition and you should do just fine.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    id say probably about 600-800 for the whole thing or 300 for the 4x10. 200 for the 15. and 300-400 for the head. Thats what i usually see carvin stuff going for in good condition.

7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I'd say more like the low end of that range...$600. You might be able to con someone into paying $800 if you're willing to wait.

Think about it: If I can buy a brand new stack from Carvin for $1200, why should I buy one that's 8 years old for $800?

Sadly, Carvin has low resale value in general.