Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much can I get for my bass pls hlp.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by midi25, Apr 12, 2004.

1. midi25

midi25

Jun 5, 2003
    london
    Hi I want to get the best price for my bass guitar. Its a sad sale but I need the £££

Its a fender squier bass. 4 string with two pickups.

Colour lovely dark rosewood which fades to black.

How much do you think I could get for it. I am based in the Uk and I dont want to sell it for nothing.

Pls help

thanks

2. benjamin

benjamin

Apr 12, 2004
    Houston
    maybe $50, its a squier.

3. midi25

midi25

Jun 5, 2003
    london
    are you being serious ????

4. Here in Canada you could make around 200$ for it. That's about 150$ American, and approximately 81 pounds.

5. if you got more than that, it would be at most probly 100 bucks tops...

Squiers don't reall have a high resale value...

6. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Two pickups? Jazz or Special P?

How much did it cost you?

7. midi25

midi25

Jun 5, 2003
    london
    It cost me over £200. It has a pickup at the bottom and one a bit further up.

8. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I'd say don't sell it, it's not worth the money, just save up for a new bass, if it's your firts bass you'll not regret keeping your first bass when you grow older.

9. midi25

midi25

Jun 5, 2003
    london
    What the diff then. I see jazz basses going for around £400 here in the uk?

10. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    the jazz bass price range is probably the biggest range of any bass ever made. You can get a cheap old knockoff for $50 all the way to a exotic custom bass taht costs 20 grand. A squier jazz bass is pretty low on the totem pole. Around here youd get probably $150 TOPS with a gigbag if it was in great condition. The ones you see for 400 pounds (which im not really sure how much that is american) are either fender standard series or american ones. Like everyone said its worth alot more to you as a bass than if you were to try to sell it most likely. Defret or or sumthing, or maybe trade it in on sumthing, but trade ins are even worse as far as getting much money for your bass.