How much control do i want?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Situation: Bart Quad Coils

Problem: Should i get one 3 way switch for pickup, or 2 for pickup which would allow me to control the upper and lower half of the pickup with seperate knobs?
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Spare no expense when adding switches and knobs to a custom bass!!:D

Seriously, though, do you think you will get enough versatility with just the one switch, or do you need to go for both?? Will you actually get use out of both switches, or will they end up getting in the way, and not be really that practical?

No help, am I??:D

FWIW, when I was spec'ing out my DPCustom (which I still haven't gotten built yet:( :rolleyes: ), I decided on 2 Bart Quad Coils with 1 3 way toggle switch for each pup, an active/passive switch, an on/off switch, and a mid frequency switch. That, and a Bart 3 band (NTMB) 18volt EQ. I figured that if I couldn't get enough tonal variation from that setup, I should just give up.;) But, YMMV, of course.

Now that I am thinking of it again, I really need to get in touch with Dave again and send him my deposit.
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    two a piece!!!!!

think of it this way - there's no sound you could get with one switch that you couldn't get with two. but there are ones with 2 you couldn't get with 1.
  4. I have to agree with Ryan on this one.
    I have the Bart quads with 1 three way toggle per pup. so far I have not failed in getting a sound I want. and I got a 2 band EQ.