Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much could i get for this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by P-bass man, Sep 16, 2004.

1. P-bass man

P-bass man

Sep 12, 2004
    Georgia
    Its a Squier Standard P-bass special, not much, but ive saved like 150, and i wanna sell this so i can buy a new bass, probbly another fender, or maybe an Ibanez... but whatever works, so i just need to know how much i can get for it.

Its Black Sunburst color scheme, and it has a white pick guard.

[​IMG]

well, there you have it! oh, and im getting like 50 bucks tomorrow. :bassist:

PBM

2. dont sell it. how much do you currently have for a new bass right now? If I were you wait!! dont rush things. One option would be to upgrade the pups.
    BTW nice looking bass too.

3. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    To quote Adrian Garcia

"3 Dollars"

4. P-bass man

P-bass man

Sep 12, 2004
    Georgia
    3 bucks... stop kidding around... im being serious. but thanks, ill keep it for a while, ill save up for a bit more, but how much can i get for it?

PBM

5. how mudh did you buy it for?
    is it still is great shape?

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm not in the market for one...but i'm thinkin depending on the new price, $50-100 max. Probably closer to $75 [depending on variables] is the max i'd pay for a used Squier.

That's all

7. P-bass man

P-bass man

Sep 12, 2004
    Georgia
    hmmm... i bought it for $279... it should be worth more than 75 bucks... and its in excellent condition

PBM

8. Typically, when you're selling used gear, don't expect much more than half of what you got for it, and usually you get less than half. That's what I think at least.

9. That's one of the reasons I buy used. :D

10. P-bass man

P-bass man

Sep 12, 2004
    Georgia
    i see... i guess ill buy a used bass guitar next time, but thatnks you guys!

PBM

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    IME it's been 50-66% off for used instruments, or more, never less...
    Ray

12. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    A third of the new price is a good rule of thumb.

And Squires usually have a pretty low resale value, as they're so cheap to begin with. Most are cursed to live out their life sitting in the corner without a stand, after a poorly done paint-job or defret, untill your girlfriend gets mad at you and smashes it, or you trade it to some kid for $20 and a case of beer or something, allowing the cycle to begin again.