How much could I sell my rig for?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Hey, I'm going to sell my current rig to buy a totally new rig. I am going to sell my Genz Benz 212T-XB which I bought in November of 2000 and a Hartke 3500 which I bought in around July or August of 2000. How much could I get for these? I need as much $$ I can get so I can buy my Ampeg rig. Thanks ahead of time. Later!
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could sell it all to me for $250.
  3. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Munjibunga is an unreliable person. The payment will arrive a year later.

Sell it to me for $175, and I will be prompt with the money.
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    If you want truly great service, that is nice and friendly, you'll sell it to me for $150. I'm more reliable than the other two, ask Dwayne Hoover.
  5. Hmm, I'll go everyone one better. I will give you $251 and trade you some used cat litter!

But I'd really guess about $250-$300 for the Hartke, depending on the condition. $300 is with the manual, and no scratches/damage.

The G-B? No provable idea. But I'd guess $300 or so. Dunno for sure.
  6. I'd hope I would get more than $300 for my Genz Benz.. I bought it for $600. >=P
    For the Hartke, it has a few tiny scratches.. but I have the box and everything that came with it.
  7. i'll give you.. $ 100 and some of that fur that grows on my butt-cheeks

do we have a deal ? :D
  8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    6 bills for both if you're lucky and you find someone who's really in the market for that kind of gear.
  9. seriously guys.. I need to get as much $$ I can get.. here's a link to a dealer of my GB cab.. it's on the top.

I think I should get at least $450 for that cab b/c I've never gigged with it.. just practices. It's in mint condition.
  10. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Good luck, man. I hope you get it. You sure wouldn't around here (Southern Cal.)
  11. How much wattage can the GB handle and what is the frequency response?
  12. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    As a rule. You are going to get about 60 percent of the best, actual new sell price for almost anything used. Go to ebay, go to GC. Go anywhere. This is what you'll find out. So you'll be doing well to get $350 for the cabinet. I'd expect to pay even less if I were looking. GB stuff sells pretty cheap used. I have seen many 115 cabs for $150.

$450 puts you up there in the Eden/SWR market for used stuff. Search the threads. Which do you think is in higher demand?

If you bought the head new and it is still in good shape, figure you'll get about 60 percent of what you paid for that also.

Feel ripped? Look at the "Travesty" thread lurking around here somewhere. You'll find others who feel the same.
  13. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    you could probably sell them for $650 to $700

if youre lucky, someone will buy them.