How much do the lower Hz matter?

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by ccfalkner, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ccfalkner

ccfalkner

Sep 19, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    I have been playing with my first setup for 4 years being an SR706 and a MarkBass 121H with a frequency range of 45Hz to 20KHz. With the B string producing 31Hz, what am I really loosing with 14Hz cut off? I could buy something like a Jeff Berlin 151P that gets me to 5hz, (not wanting to debate equipment, but comparing apples to apples) but with my limited experience and looking at an example of sub woofers like QSC KW181, which it seems everyone loves, they have a frequency range starting at 37Hz, or loosing 7Hz. Since I am starting to perform I was told that the venue takes in your signal and does what they want with it. At that point I wouldn't know what the frequency is. So, my question is: how important are those lower hertz and do people really pay attention as you move from amateur and progress into the professional level? Also, for your home setup, will you experience a difference that is worth the investment?

SM2 likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021