Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much do Tokyo Sadowsky's cost?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Mar 17, 2003.

1. My dad told me one of his friends (military, they're stationed in Japan right now, coming home after their 6 month leave in April) is bringing home a Tokyo Sadowsky...

FOR HIS 11 YEAR OLD SON! HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY!!! :eek: :spit:

bastard

Anyway, I think he said they were around the $1500 range, is this true?

I'd love to find a used one..especially this one:

[​IMG]

wishful thinking.. :D

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    To answer your question, T Sads are priced from $2199 - $2499

3. Crap. ok thanks.

EDIT(JT): just cleaning up the last vestiges of lameness. :rolleyes:

Reply to Edit - lol that's cool man ;)

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    We just sold a second hand one exactly like the one you posted to Sean Baumann & he should be getting it any day now.

5. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Yep, I got my pre-owned (heheh) Tokyo RJ5 on Tuesday. I noodled around with it for 10 minutes, I didn't have much time. I proceeded to use it at my Church service last night and I was completely comfortable with it. I must admit, this is the most playable bass I have ever owned. I love the neck design of my MTD, but first position is a real pain for me (maybe I'm too small!). The Sad is perfect for first position for me. It might be a little heavy, I was really feeling it after an hour and a half, but that may be because I haven't played standing in about a month. Overall I love it! I had a little trouble finding my sound on it, but that may be because I was also using a new to me amp (ampeg b-100r). I also didn't notice much tonal difference when using the pickup pan, which is strange for a jazz bass. Again, that may be the amp. I'll try it with my Eden rig later this week.

I'm now looking forward to selling everything I have so I can own more Sadowsky basses.

6. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Hey Nino, thanks for the CD. It's great.

Oh yeah, the B is awesome. I actually think it is better than my MTD, as I can actually slap it. The E and B seemed a little lower output that the rest of my string at my service last night, but again that may be because the room was eating frequencies or I just don't know the amp. I still love it, and you can't beat getting one pre-owned.

7. I know the feeling. Roger makes a fantastic instrument.

I'm looking forward to Number 3!

I also have a church gig and have never had as many compliments on my tone than with the Sadowskys.

Welcome to the Sadowsky Club!

Congrats!!
    Jeff

8. Yeah, but I'm nearly 17 and have been playing for almost 2 years. But I do see your point. :D

coughbastarduncough

:D

9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Wow, what kind of average do you have to carry to get one of those??? C-? :rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :D :D

11. You kidding me!?

That's D+ material right there, buddy.

:D

12. Sean Baumann

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
  13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    HOLY CRAP! I deserve like, a USA Spector or handmade conklin or something. 4 whole years.;)