Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much do used marcus miller's go for?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ole Jason, May 23, 2004.

1. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I'm looking around for something to do bar gigs with and these seem like great basses, and look cool too! What kind of prices have you guys seen on used ones?

2. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    There's a couple on eBay for $300-$500. New I think they're $750 - I actually own one and it's a great jazz bass. I didn't buy it because it was a Miller Sig - but because it was probably the best jazz bass I'd ever played.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    $475-550ish. Do a search for "Marcus Miller" in the For Sale forum. You'll get at least a dozen threads. Those should give you a good idea of the range. I think there's one for sale down there right now...

4. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Go to the classified on Talkbass. Someone posted one yesterday for $475 shipped.

I have owned one for a year and just finished hotrodding it Sadowsky pickups and J-Retro preamp. The sound is the envy of all my friends. haha! They are beautiful sounding basses acoustically, it is just the electronics that come with the bass do not pick up the natural sound of the bass.

They are great basses except for the preamp on the bass is very noisy and cheap. You'll probably end up changing the preamp.

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Most I've seen have been around $550-$700, which does seem pretty high to me.