1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How much do you drink and what do you drink?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KingOvHell, Sep 26, 2008.

1. obviously alcohol related.

I usually drink everyday. I dont get drunk though, i just likke to get a little buzz. I only get drunk about once a week.

I use to be a huge beer guy but recently i have been drinking gin and whiskey straight from the bottle. Alot less filling and alot less carbs and calories.

2. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    about once a month.. i tend to get stupid/aggressive on alcohol{irish eh?} so i tend to avoid it

3. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I drink most friday and saturdays, rarely during the week anymore.

Mostly red headed sluts, gin, and coors light.

4. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I just drank two Newcastles & a triple of Jack (neat), I might have another ale & a shot or two more of Jack. Two or three times a week I'll have one or the other of the aforementioned drinks, but tonight I'm two-fistin' it 'cuz I've had a hard week & I need to decompress quickly. I only drink like this at home.

5. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - Perú
    5 years ago I used to drink about every friday and saturday (and sometimes tuesdays) until I was as drunk as I could be then I met my ex and stop doing it cause wanted be sober in case something happens while been with her. I tried to recover those lost weekends with no alcohol but my body is not the one that used to be... hangovers are hell nowadays :D I don't drink that much now but keep doing it fridays and saturdays and some other days when meet some friends.

Mainly drink beer, vodka, wine, rum or pisco.

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I would consider myself a habitual drinker - I drink some every night. Weekdays, I usually grab a beer after I get home, and I sometimes have another one during dinner. My wife and I will usually share a bottle of wine after the kids have crashed. Friday and Saturday evenings it's typically Jack and Diet Pepsi until we go to bed (1AM-ish, usually). My wife and I enjoy drinking, and like the occasional opportunity to get a good drunk on - not incoherent, out-of-control drunk, but certainly a long way from sober.

7. My amount of drinking is directly related to whether or not I am in school.

In school = maybe Fridays, almost always Saturdays (6-10 beer)

Out of school = any day is game, 3-5 times a week (3-12)

More-or-less.

8. Used to be a quart of Jim Beam and half a 12 pack on fridays, the rest of the beer when I wake up saturday, then another quart of beam and half another 12 pack saturday night, then 6 beer leftover for band practice sundays. Now it varies a lot more depending on where I'm drinking and what's available, from 4x40oz 10% beers in the alley, to a quart of jag at the bar......

9. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    As a music student, any night is fair game. It is usually later in the week though (Thursday/Friday/Saturday), and I will only get wasted if I don't have a lecture the following morning - I usually try to avoid getting hammered at all, but sometimes it just happens...

What I drink varies on what mood I/the rest of my flatmates are in. I drank a bottle of white wine last night, but usually it is straight spirits - brandy, cognac, white rum, spiced rum, bourbon, whisky, liquors - anything really. My favourite is Grand Marnier.

However, I am also partial to cocktails, although I find that once I start drinking cocktails, I always get smashed.

10. Gotta be straight out of the bottle, room temp for me.

11. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I live the High Life,

Miller High Life, Ice Cold, Bottles normally Tuesday nights and occasionally on Saturdays

12. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Too much, too often.

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I had an ex who made me quit drinking and I haven't really gotten into the habit of it since.

When I do drink its usually Makers Mark and some beer.

14. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I used to drink a lot. Beer, Scotch, Gin in the Summer, Wine, Armingac.
    Got tired of it not too long ago. I don't feel or act any differently, but I'll stick to gingerale for now.

15. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    A couple o' big beers on weekends.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    One or two drinks a month normally. During football season, I may have a beer on Sunday or Monday if we are out somewhere watching the game.

-Mike

17. AlbertVII

AlbertVII

Sep 2, 2006
    California
    whenever me and my buds have enough money for beer. when we do I usually only drink 2 40's.

18. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    If there's a beer near me, chances are that I'll drink it. It really just hinges on how close I am to beer at any given time. How often is that?

At least a couple of times a week.

19. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Tonight I have a date with Yuengling and Johnny Walker Black. It should be a good one.

20. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I drink every day, usually twice, just with meals or if I'm hanging out with friends. I'm a beer snob and won't drink Bud or similar if it's all that's available. Mostly it's the stuff I make myself or from a reputable brewery (Avery, Rogue, Bell's, Great Divide, any of the Belgians).

I hate being drunk. If I accidentally get tipsy I'll usually refrain for a couple days because I find it so distasteful.