1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much do you think guitar center would let me trade these in for?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alexpants, Apr 15, 2010.

1. alexpants

alexpants

Apr 15, 2010
    I am new to the forums so i am sorry if im posting wrong

I have two bass amps and I want to sell one but i wanna hear someones guestimation on how much GC would let me get for them. i could take them right now but GC is kinda far away from me and the amps are heavy as you know what

One is a CrateBX100 15inch 100W (one missing knob)
    ive seen it listed about 170$ used so i dont think ill get too much for it

http://www.musicgearreview.com/reviews.php?man=Crate&cat=Bass_Guitar_Amplifiers&mod=BX 100

http://www.musik-thoss.de/images/CRATE_BX100_BASSCOMBO.jpg

and then one i got recently for a gift which i do not like the sound compared to the crate

Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800 12inch 180W Price new: $250

i really want to sell this one so please if you have a good idea how much they would give me tell me

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL1800-180W-1x12--Bass-Combo-481098-i1166248.gc

thanks too all who answer!!! :D :bassist:

2. Andrew311

Andrew311

Aug 13, 2009
    Hutchinson, MN
    Look up the average of what they've been selling for on eBay and divide it by 2.

It's unfortunately true.

3. alexpants

alexpants

Apr 15, 2010
    oh im very sorry i just read the sticky on Sale Wanting to sell and How much its worth thread

thanks for the advice andrew but does anyone know another forum i can go to that would let me ask?

dont know why it hurts you guys or why it has to be a rule but hey rules are rules

4. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    There is a "For Sale/Classifieds" forum in place here on TB. In order to sell items in that forum you have to pay for a supporting membership. "How much is this worth" type threads provide a backdoor for people to sell things on TB without paying for a supporting membership.

5. alexpants

alexpants

Apr 15, 2010
    ok i understand now thanks

6. R Baer

R Baer Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    GC will almost certainly screw you over on used gear.

7. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    1/2 eBay price is spot on estimate. I asked the guys here how come? and they basically answered they prefer selling NEW gear and only take stuff in if its a hot item in great shape, will make a new sale happen. BOB

8. I'll bet they will offer anywhere from $50 to $90 in trade for that amp. To maximise your trade value, make sure you clean the amp. Give it a blast of Armorall before you bring it in. Also see if you can snag a knob to replace the missing one (even if it doesn't match). Just these few simple steps will go a long way to getting the most for your trade. It drives me crazy when people bring in gear that is just gross looking (rusty or missing strings, dirt and grime all over it, missing parts, or just plain broken) and want top doller for it. I don't mind normal wear and tear, but if someone brings me a guitar where the bridge is lifting, the neck is bowed, and the strings look like they haven been changed in a year, then I'm sorry, but I'm not giving you top doller for the piece.

9. Doc Shock

Doc Shock

Mar 6, 2010
    Maryland
    Just last week I traded in an Ibanez SR300F at GC. I paid $299 for it back in November from MF. GC gave me $110 for it on trade-in plus 15% off on a new MIM Fender P-Bass Deluxe.

I was going to sell the Ibanez for $200 and put the $$$ towardrs the Fender, but with the trade-in + 15% off the selling price of the Fender, it worked out pretty much the same without the hassle of e-baying or craigslisting it.

By the way... love my new Fender! :bassist:

10. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    You'll have better luck with trading gear in at a locally owned music store. I do that all the time, and have never left feeling I was taken advantage of.

11. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    I have. The locally owned stores here either don't do trades (consignment only) or throw less money at me (even on store credit) than a major chain.

I'd rather sell it on a forum or Craigslist than get 25-30% of what I paid for it new, or 50% of what I paid used.

12. alexpants

alexpants

Apr 15, 2010
    wow everyone thanks for the replies

the behringer is brand new(got it in late feb) and still have box and all the things it came with and it looks like it didnt even get used

how much you would pay me for daddy's junky music(as an example of a somewhat small chain or local music shop) and how much do you think GC would pay?

thanks for the replies everyone, ive been ignored so many times on different forums even when they were very active

13. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    You would be lucky to get $75 for the Behringer item. I highly suggest putting the two items on Craigslist and selling them locally. GC and the local music store are going to give you next to nothing - if they even take it. If the brand names were held in higher regard, you would get a better deal. The Crate and Behringer items are regarded as budget gear and nothing more.