How much do you think this is worth?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by captainpabst, Aug 18, 2005.

1. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    SWR Bass 750, basically mint, with SKB 4-space Rotorack and speakon cable, along with a Henry the 8x8, also mint. I'm thinking of selling, and I'm not sure how to price it. Thanks for any advice.
  2. DLM

May 25, 2004
    I recently sold an excellent condition (mint?) Henry 8x8 that I purchased new in 1995 for $525 in So. CA.
  3. Euphony Penguin

Euphony Penguin

Aug 15, 2005
    Would that be the 750x head or the 750 power amp?
  4. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    This is the Bass 750 head - the precursor to the 750X. Both pieces were purchased in 2001. It's the chrome-front Henry. I was thinking of asking 700 for the head/rack/speakon cable, and 600 for the Henry. Does that sound reasonable? Obviously I could bargain a bit, but is it reasonable to start there? Lower? Higher?
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That sounds fair for the amp. Seems a bit high on the cab. I couldn't find anything on PrePal. Did you check completed auctions on eBay? the Pabst in your username a refernce to Pabst Blue Ribbon beer?

6. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    A used SWR Henry is worth $400 in decent condition in most places. I use the term most places because they're too big and expensive to ship, so it's a local thing.

You can ask more and wait longer, maybe find the right buyer.
  7. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Pabst Blue Ribbon - yes indeed.

Ok, I feel decent about asking $700 for the head. $400 for the Henry though? That'd be a steal. They're ~$1k new. I'd like to not go below $500, and IMO, that'd be a great deal.

Thanks for the input guys.
  8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I don't know much about either of those products, but you won't be doing yourself any damage if you start a little high. That's the beauty part... if you're asking too much, nothing happens, and all you do is lower your price until someone wants it. If you think $600 is good for the cab, ask for it. If no one buys, you know what to do.