Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how much does the mesa bass 400+ actually weigh?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Golem II, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    I mean, has anyone ever actually put the thing on a scale? I can't seem to find the weight listed on mesa boogie's site (of course it's not like they're going to ADVERTISE it,) but at least Ampeg has the courtesy to let you know their amp is 80 pounds. So does anybody know the exact weight in pounds?

2. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    i could be wrong but last time i checked mesa listed their 400+ as being around 45lbs. in any case, it's a whole lot lighter than the svt.

steve

3. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    An easy one! 44 lbs. on the office postal scale, without the cord or manual. :)

Nightbass

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Only problem is if you put in a rack for easier transport (face it, the front handles aren't meant for carrying it around) it now highs over 60 pounds...but still a lot less than an SVT.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I use one of Mesa's Road Ready sus4 shock absorber racks with mine. A lot heavier but the only way to go to protect all that glass, IMO. Still lighter than my '70 SVT.

6. A lot less than it's worth. If it weighed 327 lbs. it would still be worth lugging around.