Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much for a full-on bass assemble?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by addylewis, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Let me explain - I've bought all the seperate bits for a Mustang bass (about £300-350) and I need them putting together (I would do it myself but some screw holes are needed, and I've spent too much money to mess it up...) - so I was wondering if anyone knew how much it'd cost to get it professionally done?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    The only way to know that is to know how much a tech/luthiers hourly rate is and how long it will take him to do it.

All the seperate bits may mean everything in the pickup/electronics section (since that is the forum) or it may mean the entire bass. It also makes a difference whether he knows what he's doing and whether everything goes together with no problem. Highly unlikely assembly will occur without a number of problems to resolve if it's the entire bass.

You'll have to contact techs/luthiers to get an answer to that question and even all they can give you is an estimate. If you have to ship it to someone that alone can be significant.