How Much for Streamer ProM?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist4ever, Nov 20, 2004.

1. how much should i pay for a warwick streamer proM? i found one brand new at a local music shop. and they want 1400 for it.

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Hmmm...the Pro M was discontinued a few years back but was by far their best midrange-priced instrument (sound great, very comfy). They listed for ~$1700; I bought mine for $1095 in '98. Sold it on E-bay for $900 (big mistake!). I recently replaced it with a sister model, the Streamer LX, for $500 and change. I think it would be a better buy if the dealer shaved about $200-300 off the price. I've seen mint condition samples on E-bay running ~ $750. Keep your eyes open! FWIW, Warwick provides great customer service.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That is too much to pay for one. Zooberwerx is right, they were discontinued a few years ago, so that one has probably been there for quite some time.

Very nice basses. I just wouldn't pay $1400 for one. They can be found MUCH cheaper than that.
  4. I agree with the opinions above.

I've been watching these basses on eBay for a couple of months. The one 4-string which was listed in this time didn't sell with a reserve of $650ish. A very used 5iver sold for $585.

I paid the equivalent of approximately US$400 :eek: for my Pro M5 ... but that was here in NZ (ahhh.. the mixed blessings of living in a small country.... where good gear is rare... as are people who recognize it - I suspect the seller thought it was a Streamer Standard... )
  5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    I paid $1,500 for mine in '97.

Never heard of a used Streamer Pro over 1K,
    until now.
    And those are the Wenge Neck, Inset Strap Lock, Brass Nut types.
    Maybe it's a new trend.
  6. well this streamer is brand new, brass nut, wenge neck, inset strap locks, the works.

the only thing is the bass has been sitting in the store since before i was 16 ( had the option of buying a car or a quality bass {smacks forhead shoulda chosen the bass!!!!})
  7. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Very rare.

That particular Bass was only manufactured for a couple of years.

Probably the most limited production of a Warwick without
    offically being designated a "Limited" or special edition.

Production began: 1997
    Production ended: 2000

Wenge Neck, Brass Nut, Inset Straplocks: '97-'98
    Ovangol Neck, Teflon Nut, Strap Buttons: late '98-2000.

In that case, I'd pay $1,400 for it.
    But, then again, I'm completely biased. :D
    Get him down to $1,200 and take it.

Note: Very unique tone.

Some published Reviews:

8. honestly if i could get 1200 in a few days. i'd do it in a heartbeat. but i seriously doubt i could come up with that kinda cashola. seeing as how i have no job. i just do a few computer repair jobs, lawn mowing, basic stuff for people.

i probalby only make 50 bucks amonth. :( that would take me many many months to come up with 1200. but if i find a job. i'm betting it will be there waiting.
  9. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Just out of curiosity, what color is it? Or natural?