Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HOW MUCH FOR TI's

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by luknfur, Mar 15, 2004.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Apparently a lot of you guys use these and I use them exclusively at this point. I pay $35 a pop from Steve @ Vintage Bass Trader
    (JF 334's) and to my knowledge that's the best price going on individual sets (he'll sell them for $33 if you buy a box). So I figured I'd either find a better price or inform some other people of the best price with this post. A win win post, no?

2. How do I get in touch with this Steve guy. I tried that email address but it bounced back. Best price I've found is in the 50 bucks range.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    This link should get ya goin'...

http://pub206.ezboard.com/fthedudepitfrm18

4. Thanks for the link. I was thinking 5 stringer and his price is about the same as everybody elses; Glad to have him as an extra source though.

5. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Those are really good prices. I saw the list prices and these are some really expensive strings. And they are worth every penny.

6. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yeh, all Steve handles is Roto's and TI's. You never know though cause I called him about a set of Roto Tapewounds and he didn't have 34's in stock but said they were Roto's most expensive string. Picked up at set from Sam Ash for $25.

Steve list all the time on ebay so just punch Thomstik Infeld into the search and all those TI's listed are his. Same price and he'll ship you two sets for $2 shipping. So if you can't reach him by phone or website, go to ebay. And if you're string's not there, locate them under completed items, by a different set at the same price, and just mention in the window you want whatever strings - it's worked for me. You can get his email address off ebay as well.

7. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    And for what it's worth, I've got two sets of JF 344 jazz flats I've never even taken out of the priority bag, let alone the box. I'll sell them for what I've into them, Steve's $37 each shipping included. Actually for a while I bought 344's from Steve for $33 but he's gone up a couple.

My basses are going down in number now not up and I always pull the TI's when I sell, so I see no need for these strings in the near future so guess they can go.

8. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I ordered mine from Lemur Music. It was about $38 with shipping.

9. Carol Kaye also carries the TI Jazz Flats on her site.

http://carolkaye.com/www/catalog/basstutors.php

She charges $37.00 a set for the JF 334's with shipping!

I recently received a letter from Thomastik-infeld informing me that their prices will be going up 7%. That usually indicates that most retailers will raise their prices also!

[​IMG]
    Treena

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I get the JF344's locally for $37 a set.

11. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Man I got ripped off for a dollar! :p

Edit: Less than a month later the TIs are gone. Sound nice but the tension was waaaay too low.

12. 7flat5

7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    You can also check out www.highnotemusic.com for prices that even undercut Dude prices. Mr Barr advertises "lowest prices on the web" but it is not quite so. Order them through their ebay listings and shipping is even less. Never had a problem with them, but I am not sure they can match Dude customer service, for what it's worth.

13. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Never had a lick of a problem with Steve and have bought about 10 sets of these. In fact, with recent bass mods, I'm reducing my bass inventory substantially so will have several sets thereafter. In fact I had a couple new sets, sold one, so if anyone wants the other set for the $37 I have in them, their yours.

I just ran the post out of curiosity. It was the cheapest price I knew, and still is apparently.