How much for used Bassman 400 combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rabid_granny, May 28, 2002.

1. Saw one for sale for $800CDN or $500 US. I might be able to haggle down a little bit but I haven't even called the person yet.

Is this a fair price for a used Bassman 400? Assume only regular use. I think they go for $1600 CDN or $1000 US, correct?
  2. finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    If you can get it for 5 bills, buy it immediately. It is a very nice sounding amp. A lotta folks dont give it the credit it deserves.
  3. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Fender makes the best combos IMO
  4. I just checked at and the Bassman 400 combo was going for $944.99 new.
    If it's in good condition (everything works) and you can get it for $500, I'd say jump on that! I played through it a few times and it's a very nice sounding amp. I prefer Ampeg, but, the Fenders get a thumbs up from me.

Good luck,
    Mike J.
  5. It has 350w and 2 x 10" speakers. Would this be powerful enough for a high school gymnasium and a couple of distorted guitars?
  6. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    For $500 get that amp. Whether or not it will keep up with distorted guitars depends on how much power they're pushing. I've played everything from football fields to auditoriums with my 200, football fields no PA support, auditoriums little. All this was with marching band & First Edition band though. thats all