1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much grill cloth for Peavey 2x15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vic Winters, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    I bought a used Peavey 2x15 a while back that no longer had the grill cloth, just those metal basket like covers. I leave it at my practice space so I never cared about the aesthetics, but I plan on bringing it to a gig this week and would like it to look decent. I won't be back to my practice spot until later in the week which won't give me enough time to measure, buy and then make it. I know other people have this cab, so if one of you could measure the grill cloth area and let me know it'd be much appreciated.

Edit: Called the local store. They said they sell it 36" wide and the length is by the foot. Essentially all I need to know is the length.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    For safety, get 5 feet.

The cabinet is probably in the 42 ish inch tall range, the grille cloth needs to wrap around the frame to get stapled so you'd need at perhaps 8 in. more that the grille frame is tall. That probably puts you past 4 feet...so get 5 and you'll be golden!

When making the frame, be sure to paint it the same color as the cabinet's baffle so that it disappears behind the grille cloth.