1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How much hum normal for Roland DB-700?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marsk, Aug 3, 2005.

1. marsk

marsk

Aug 17, 2002
    I recently purchased a factory refurbished Roland DB-700 which had very loud 60 Hz hum without any instrument connected. A Roland authorized tech serviced it, and now there is only slight hum (still with no bass connected; adding an instrument doesn't change the situation). I'm used to my GK MB150 and 1001RB being almost dead quiet; with the Roland, in a quiet room I can hear the hum 20 feet away. Is it possible that this is simply normal for this particular amp? I appreciate any input.

2. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    I had one I used to use for rehearsal, it was very quiet. Reckon yours still might have a problem. - sorry.The only other thing it might be doing is picking up an earthing problem off the mains. Try it a different studio or house.

3. tolas

tolas

Mar 16, 2005
    I've gigged with one for about a year. It was my first real gig amp. It has always been almost dead quiet. It's broke on me a few times however, but even after a resoldering and 2 new speakers it's still pretty great sounding.