How much is a 1001rb worth?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shock2system, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Hi guys im trying to sell my GK1001rb and GK 4x10 cab. Its all brand new but now that GK has put out all the II'S (1001rd II, 700rb II, and so on) I dont know how much I sould try and get for it. Any input, how much would you pay for one?
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I got a pretty good deal on mine a year ago for 450.
  3. Since the 1001rb II has come out Guitar Center was selling the 1001 new for $441.00. I'll be buying a 1001rb II soon and I got a GC quote for $610.00 plus tax. I saw your ad and I think you were asking $1,400. for the head and cab. If so that seems pretty high. I'd probably ask $900. for both but stay flexible. $400. might be a fair price for the head alone. Selling used gear is a drag because most of the time you will probably take a hit.
    Good Luck!
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    hey, shock, check your pm! I sent you something about those pickups
  5. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I took my 1001RB combo in ($1299 new a GC), and they offerend me a even trade for a new 1001 II head. That puts around a $700 value on the combo, so probably $400 on the head, if you are lucky. Personally selling it to someone else is a completely different thing though. I honestly love that head, and the 4x10 rocks. If I didn't already have just about everything I needed, I would hit you up.
  6. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Just sold my 1001rb for $450. It all depends on the market demand in your city or town. If there are a good number of guys looking for a GK head (after all it is a clean and powerful head!), then you could get $500 or so. If no one is into GK gear at the present time, you might have to go down to $400 or slightly less in order to get it sold.
  7. thanks everyone. I think im going to keep it if i can only make that much for it. The story goes like this, I got it a little while bake with a Guitar center credit card and didnt pay it off in time so now i ow over 1700 for it. Im just going to go get another job and pay it off as fast as i can.
  8. Those cards suck if you don't pay it off in time. My payment was $29.00 and after about a year I noticed the balance was about the same without any new charges. I guess I was just keeping up with the interest. Anyways I just paid it off in full. Good luck either way with that rig, at least it's a good one!