How much is a '97 Thumb BO4 Worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Hi guys,

How much is a '97 Warwick Thumb Bolt-On 4 worth? It has a very straight full wenge neck :D with low string action and a brass nut. All black hardware with a D-tuner. Sunken in Dunlop strap-loks. Pickups and electronics have all been changed to Barts.

I tried it last night and it sounded not too bad through the owner's SWR babyblue II. It was definately better than my previous Thumb BO5 with the ovankol neck but the pre-amp was pretty much the same as the MEC one, not very significant treble and bass boost. I also felt that the bass didn't have alot of growl as compaired to most other Warwicks I've tried. It actually sounded like my Fender MIJ '62 reissue with the Sadowsky preamp, very warm round sound. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the strings are rotosounds and are a few months old :spit: . Thats probably why I couldn't get nice highs when thumbing.

The guy wanted about USD850 for it and a rockbag.
    What do you all think?
    Any help is appreciated. :)

2. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Check out eBay for the going prices. I think most asking prices for BO 4s are around $800-$900. It is cool that it has the brass nut and wenge neck, but I know there are better deals out there. See if you can get the seller to lower the price.

Good luck!
  3. So its $800-900? Anybody else?
  4. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    around $750 if you're lucky
  5. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    i own a 94 warwick thumb bo4 and i can get about 1300 euro's for it.