Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much is a Cort Curbow 6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cornbread, Nov 28, 2000.

1. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I have seen a wide range of prices, from around $300 to $600 (marsmusic.com). Does anyone know the average store price for a new Cort Curbow 6 string? I'm going to try to find one in a store this weekend, but they seem rare in these parts. Thanks.

Dave

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Well, the normal price is around $560 in some shops for a standard (Blue and Red) finish.
    I bought mine for $440, snjfu got his for $420 .
    Look at Ebay.. There is one right now in auction.

The best part is that the electronics are Korean-made but custom designed by Greg Curbow, and the Pickup is custom designed staggered coil, designed by Bill Bartolini and Greg Curbow.

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    aH!! thats the Barts you were talking about :) But aren't they close to like.. the EMG Hz.. the lower end Barts?.... It looks like im getting my 91 MIA Fender Jazz Plus with Bartolini Soapbars tomorrow!! can't wait :D

DM

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I think there are not cheapo Barts in the Market.

5. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Are those Bartolinis standard for the 6 string? I thought they had MightyMites or something.

6. I think the 6 has a Bartolini pickup and a Mighty Mite preamp.. while the 4 and 5 have Mighty Mite pickup and preamp.

7. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Actually the preamp is not a Mighty Mite..
    It is custom designed by Greg Curbow, and built by Mighty Mite.
    Yes. The 6 String comes stock with a Bartolini Custom Staggered coil.

8. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Thanks everyone. Now I have to find one around here. I don't think I could buy it mail order or via the internet: I have to try it first.