How much is a G&L L-2500?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I've heard a lot of talk about G&L's recently but I can't seem to find a price for one anywhere. Does anybody know what a normal going price for a G&L L-2500 is?
  2. Have a look at

enter G&L in the search, and add the 'bass guitars' in the pull down menu. Beware, there is one particular shop that advertises on gbase that has really high prices on G&L stuff.

I bought mine for $1499 Canadian, which is about $1000 US. I have heard of people getting them for less. Also, remember that the prices vary slightly depending on the type of finish and body woods.
  3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  4. I got an L2500 from them at a very good price. They're definitly worth a look. :)
  5. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Go to and get a quote (instant online email quotes or add it to your shopping cart) - you won't be disappointed. They had the best price I could find when I bought my L-2000. Better than the other places I checked (since they had the best price I bought from them rather than price-matching somewhere else - rewarding the guys with the best price rather than taking my business somewhere else for mail-order (local would be a different story)).

They have stock, can check what G&L has in stock/available or, like mine, order exactly what you want from G&L.
  6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    well I checked ktj music and they do have great prices. But how would one go about ordering directly from G&L?
  7. I don't think you can go direct from G&L. If you wanted a bass custom made by G&L you would have to order through a music store/distributer.
  8. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Sorry if my post was confusing.

I didn't order it from G&L, they did. When I called and talked to them I found out what KTJ had in stock and KTJ called G&L and told me what G&L had in the pipeline that wasn't spoken for. When none of those matched my list of colors I was willing to get I picked one and KTJ had G&L build one with that color. I had to wait a while but got exactly what I wanted (although I didn't get to play it first).

Any vendor should be able to do that for you.
  9. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000 can usually get you a new L2500 in any color/finish you want for about 9 plus tax and shipping. They're the largest G&L dealer in Southern California. You'd need to contact them, however, as the price may have gone up.
  10. lowfreakwency

Dec 28, 2000
    BassNW quoted me $899 plus tax and shipping. From what I've seen, that's a pretty good price for what you get.
  11. I'd like to repeat something about one little fear of mine: ordering or buying by mail a bass ;).

I'm looking for a L-2000, a GOOD one L-2000.

I spent last saturday in two shops of my area. I tested a bunch of L-2000s and Asats all made in 1999-2000. For my taste, but not only for the mine, some were good others very good and one (tried two weeks ago) fantastic. This last one was an Asat, just sold unfortunately. I told you I'm shopping for a L-2000 but probably I would have opened my wallet for that yesterday.
    So the shop owner told me: I have to order some basses next week tell me what you want. I answered with my fave metal flake color, #6 neck, ebony fingerboard and tinted gun oil neck.

I'm NOT obliged to buy anything, and NO deposit required.

He told me no problem I love that color and if you don't like the bass I will sell it to someone else.
    I will spend some bucks more than buying from BassNW, for instance, but I like this way (and the owner sells a lot of basses and guitars).

12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Since G&L's are stocked by most guitar vendors I was just asking for a good price so I could have something to bargain with if I ever decided to get one. I wasn't planning on ordering one by mail at all.