How much is a jazz in CND?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I've been to L&M like 3 times and I've played the American and High versons of the jazz bass. All that time I never thought to ask how much a standerd jazz was.

So, How much is a standerd Jazz in Canada?
  2. New, anywhere from 500-900, depending on the model.
  3. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    :( Are you for real?, those are the ones made in the states right what about Japan or Mexico?
  4. Ive seen them in Oshawa L&M for that price, however most of the US ones new are about 1000 - 2000 depending on colour and series
  5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    L&M in Winnipeg sells MIM Standard Jazzes for about $590 to $630. I have yet to see a MIM Jazz V in there so I can't comment on those. The MIJ are rarely carried, except for the Geddy Lee and the Areodyne and I have seen both of those list at $899 to $999. St. John's is only a few dollars lower.

Hope that is helpful.

6. L&M here in edmonton sells american jazzes for i think 11 or 1200. MIM's will be around 500.
  7. I have found a pretty good rule of thumb, is to go to any online music store in the US, or manufacurers, and whatever the list price is in US dollars is what it will cost in Cdn Dollars!
    I found this especially true with Fenders
  8. get a geddy lee sig. great bass, and the store around where i live is selling it for $600 new. i am actually debating on picking it up my self, and putting a chrome pickup cover on it.
  9. STANDARD jazz basses are the made in mexico variety, they're anywhere around $500-700. The american fenders are usually about double that, definately over $1000.

Haha it's funny you thought that $500-900 was EXPENSIVE for an american made fender LOL
  10. thats actually true. or atleast i have noticed it. i find it very handy.

and just thought id share that...lately, atleast in the hamilton area, warwicks have been extremely cheap. im talking $1700 CAN for a thumb 6wide neck, brand new. thats about $1260 US. and theres a streamer LX new for $1300 CAD, which is only about $965 US. i am seriously considering the thumb

11. I also have found this to be true.
  12. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I found this thread to be horribly heart breaking.
    Also vary helpful.

So I guess I well buy a new amp instead thanks.