Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much is a Wal on average?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Circus, Oct 30, 2003.

1. I know that these are probably one of the best basses in the world, and if you have to ask, its too much, but on average how much do these cost? I can't really seem to find a price anywhere. (no one likes to sell em)

2. Thnx alot for that :)

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    $2K+++ easily new... i've seen as low as $1100 out of ignorance or in desperation. generally $1500-2000 used though. worth it? if you can dish out that much bread for a bass, i think you'd be hard-pressed to find abetter one overall.

4. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    For a 4 string Wal......around 2600 pounds sterling. That's the list price from Wal. I once inquired, and got an excel spreadsheet document from the owner.

If you really want to know for sure......

Talk to Beaver Felton at Bass Central
    http://www.basscentral.com/

I think his deal for a new 'Justin Chancellor' model Wal was $3500.00 U.S. Dollars.

Case and shipping included to anywhere in the United States.

5. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Used, I've seen from around $1800 to $2200 for Customs (MKI, II, or III), and in the low $1000 ($1300 maybe?) range for Pros. Average. But, likely, somebody who's been hunting for longer will correct me. Just a ballpark.

I'll attach the pricelist for a new one. I think there may have been a price hike since I received this; I'm not sure.

BTW, I believe this has been asked before. Just a friendly reminder that the Search is very helpful!

6. I think a Wal is now my holy grail :)

7. sunburstbasser

sunburstbasser

Oct 18, 2003
    Wouldn't some of those exotic woods jack the price up a bit? Or should I read the price list first?

8. There's a newer pricelist than this, but the increases were not too significant.