Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much is it worth??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    A Korean Tobias Toby Pro 5. fitted with Basslines Phase II Soapbars and Basslines 3-band EQ.

Not sure if i should sell it with the pickups and eq, or put the originals back in and keep the basslines stuff (the pickups willnot fit in the new bass im thinking about buying).

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Whatever somebody is prepared to pay!!

I will say that people tend to think that upgrades increase value, whereas for a buyer it is probably something to be suspicious of - no guarantees on the work etc. - so will actually mean lower value, than something which is exactly as it was "new".

3. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    Thanks what i was thinking, I may just but the Tobias back to standard, and keep the Basslines stuff for my next project bass.

I've got my heart set on a Stage II streamer, and im just trying to sort out the cash. I asked warwick if they would supply me with the streamer routed for the Basslines, but they said they couldnt :(

I may get a local luthier to build me a 'Stage II'