Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much is my bass worth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spawnxx2k, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spawnxx2k

spawnxx2k

May 9, 2005
    I have a AM. Deluxe Fender Jazz Bass and was thinking about selling it. I bought it at a steal and I dont really play much so I have no idea what it is worth. Also it is a 5 string.

2. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    well new there about 580$ so you could sell your for 500 to 550 depending how much you used it

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    He said he has a MIA dlx jazz and they go for alot more than that!

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

spawn, this is the same as offering the bass for sale, and is against the rules unless you are a supporting member. I already closed the first thread, and now I am closing this one. Please do not open another one.

The best way to find out what your bass is worth is to do a search for completed items on Ebay, or hit several stores that sell used instruments and see what they are going for.

Another good rule of thumb is take 30% off of what you paid for it new, if it is in good condition. There are exceptions to this rule, that is why the Ebay search is the best way to check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.