Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how much is this PA equipment worth?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass_drum, Jun 27, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Hey guys!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wasnt sure where to put it, feel free to move it whever you feel necessary.

I found an advertisement for : 1 yorville mp8-dx 8 channel mixer, 2-yorkville pl-315 speakers and 1 yorkville toa-sl-150m monitor for 2000 bucks canadian. Is it worth it? If not, what should I offer him?

Is this good equipment or should I look for something else?
    Is there any cons to any of this equipment?

Any other information you guys have on any of these things?

EDIT: I found some additional information of this, he sent me his receipt for this stuff, it turns out he paid $2976canadian four years ago, there for I think he's out to lunch on the price, so how much should I offer him???

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    That's a rip I'd say. I used to own that mixer head, bought it used on ebay for $230. Great powered mixer for that money, but do the math on what the rest of the stuff is worth.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    This is more of a PA Equipment question, so I'm moving it to Misc.

4. No idea how Canadian dollars equate to £ sterling, but my instinct is that it does not sound like a good deal.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Three thousand bucks worth of stuff, four years old, I'd say $1,000 might be OK if it's in excellent (9) condition.

6. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    OK well I'm gonna need a 12 channel mixer, not an 8 channel mixer so how much should I offer him for the two speakers and the monitor?

Is It even worth it or are there much ebtter thigns I should be getting? Im looking for something that is going to last for a very long time.

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, that set of speakers in good used shape are worth US 225-275 bucks, and the monitor I found a dealer who sold one used with the asking price of $79 US.

$300 US for the speakers and monitor would be a good deal, but I personally wouldn't spend a dime more. So in all, his CDN $2,000 system is actually worth about $500 US as a package, including the mixer. I wouldn't even consider $2k in monopoly money.