How Much Is This Warwick Worth???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    hehe im also intersted because im the one that found that for you :) Im prettty sure thats a goood price.
  2. Hehe Yes u did find it... granted its a good parents agree with my egetting it...and having a good sum of money i will buy it asap...and its black yes!...You are the man for finding this for me =)

3. I know but is the price of it a good one> lol i want it sooo badly...

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    This bass is approximately the same as what is now called Rockbass.

Does not compare with any "real" Warwick, and is not worth much.

I would not pay more that € 400 for such a bass.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How is that a rockbass.
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    seconded on "how is that a rockbass"

and even if it is, theres nothing wrong with rockbass. IMO rockbass corvette classic pisses all over corvette standard
  7. Burgie

Jul 15, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    The way I understand (and someone correct me if I'm off here) but the Streamer Std. is different from the Rockbass in that, although it was the "basic" model, was still made in Germany alongside all the others whereas the Rockbass is made in some factory in China or something, which is not desirable, IMHO.
  8. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    well, although the rockbasses arnt handmade in germany, they are mass made in southeast asia, as far as i understand it they are made with german quality control in SE asia. they are, imho very very good for the price range. excellent electronics and good solid hardware, and also some good body and neck woods for "budget" basses. made in china should cause you no problem, they are a completely different class to the squiers, encores and tanglewood's of this world
  9. Well I guess I'll chime in. I tried out the streamer std. before purchasing the Warwick that I now own. I have always been a fan of Warwick and thought that maybe this slightly more affordable bass would have many of the same features. I tried it out and was unimpressed. It played well and it's not a bad bass by any stretch. It just doesn't seem as much like the Warwick I had grown to love. It played pretty well and had decent tone, just not the classic Warwick growl. It did blow the Rockbass out of the water though. Sorry to all of you rockbass fans... just not my thing. You might be better off going to the music store and playing several as well as looking for killer used deals.
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My post got edited because I called someone a name. Goo goo. :rolleyes:
  11. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I wouldn't go for it at that price. I only payed $600.00 for my corvette proline, which IMHO is a much better insturment.
  12. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    And my post got edited because I agreed with Figjam.
  13. So then wait see what else comes around hoping for a lower price eh?

14. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Ehh... 550 is a bit much. Maybe if it stays at 550, but you can get a Corvette for 550-600 sometimes as well.

It is the 2-pickup version though, which is a good thing.
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

$550 is a little high IMHO. The $750 BIN price is outrageous. You could have bought them new at GC for that, back when they were still available.
  16. K thanx guys...glad i didnt do it...see this place is good for anything heh...

Anyone gotta 5 string they wanna sell me eh?

17. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yes, as a matter of fact, and its about 1 million X better than that Warwick(as matter of fact any Warwick, but I digress...)!!