Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much is this worth?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silent method, Feb 7, 2005.

1. How much do you think this bass is worth, its a 1968 harmony with new pots/jack/tuners/strings
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    stick of gum

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    And a used bandaid.

4. A WHOLE STICK?

5. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I think you verry well could get a hole stick but dont go any lower than that

6. well i was looking to buy it for $XXX.XX american, too much?

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Why would you want it? Just because it is old doesnt mean it is good.

8. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    all kiding aside yea I think I would buy it for 75 USD it might not sound to bad and it is vintage

9. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Anyways, I thought that vintage Harmony guitars didn't have the "est 1892" on them. I thought that was the cheesy chinese knock off brand... The company named themselves "Harmony est. 1892" so they could cash in on the then defunct Harmony guitars.

Maybe that's just the guitars...

10. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Hah, Harmony. I know a girl whose first guitar was a Harmony bought for $20 on eBay. Total ripoff. If you touched the fretboard, it would get huge dents in it. The action was unmovable at a half-inch above the fretboard. And the thing was maybe 8 ounces. POS. I'd use that bass to smash on stage for dramatic effect.

11. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I dont think Harmonies are that horrible i purchased a 1940's vintage harmony from a flea market for like $15 and its pretty nice for the cost and every inch of it is hand carved. so they have been around for quite sometime

12. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    That's what I'm trying to say...

vintage harmony, especially accoustic guitars, have collectors. That's why I raised the point about The difference between Harmony and Harmony EST. 1892

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Go for it! There's not much value to them because they are considered to be junk by most, but it it's the tone and feel you're looking for, whos to tell you whether or not you should buy it?

14. FederalFUNK

FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    buy that sucker man that thing looks the bomb... so funky so retro... man if it sounds like **** put new p/u's n ****

id buy it thats for sure...