How much is too much??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Jun 6, 2005.

1. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
  2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    No. I'm sure the buyer thought it was worth it. That is an absolutely stunning example of an investment quality instrument. I'm not an expert on vintage instruments, but that seems like a more than fair price for that instrument. The bottom line is that nothing ever sells for more than it's worth, that's basic economics. That holds especially true for a large auction market such as e-bay.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    That's about right...

..and if you check the first thead about this bass, I think the end price is right about where everyone thought.
  4. I will not go above 4 grand on a bass. that's just silly
  5. .

Can anyone hear the bubble bursting?
  6. :cool: Too much is anything over what a person is willing to pay. It doesn't matter whether or not others might think you're an idiot for paying it. Or even an idiot for not buying it. In the grand scheme of things, it only really matters whether or not it was worth it to you.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If he's a collector rather than a player, that's a good investment I'm sure. Hang onto it for ten years, or twenty and it'll only go UP in value.
  8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You can never pay too much for things that interest collectors. You can only pay too soon.