How much juice do you have?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Perfect-Tommy, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Alright, after reading a thread in this section, I decided that maybe some of the younger members and new musicians out there might need some help with how the peaking order of their band is... so here is some simple math. Just add up the totals for all members and see where you sit. Remember this doesn't factor in skill...

What is your role in the Band?

I am the lead singer (Meaning no instrument, just singing) +100

I am the lead guitarist +100

I play rhythm guitar +75

I am the drummer +50

I am the bassist +25

I play keyboard/aux percusion/various horn +20

I am the band's offical dancer +5

I play tub bass -5

Voice of the Band

I am not the lead singer, but sing all the songs +100

I am not the lead singer, but I single over 50% of the songs +75

I am not the lead singer, but I single less then 50% of the songs +50

I single harmony a lot... +25

I single harmony on a song or two.... +10

I can't carry a tune in a bucket.... -5

The last time I introduced a song to the band and sang it.... they laughed.... -20

I write all the songs +100

I write 50% or more of the songs +75

I write less then 50% of the songs +50

I eerrr... write the part for my instrument (songwriter comes in with basic format and you make up your own part) +25

We only do covers, but I am really good at picking out the actual part from recordings +10

Well... the songwriter is always telling me what to play.... multiple times... in the same song.... on the same night.... Actually, I really have no creative control what so ever. -20

Bringing Home the Bacon

I supply the band's PA (including monitors) +100 (excluding monitors) +50

I supply the monitors +25

I am Les Claypool +5000

I don't own my amp and use another band mate's -50

I have a van and I haul the band around +75

I'm not really a bassist/guitarist, I'm just a guitarist/bassist that is filling the spot since no one else could... -25

I tend to bring large crowds of the opposite sex to the show, but they end up showing a lot of attention to the entire band +100

I tend to bring large crowds of the opposite sex to the show and they only show attention to me. Actually... I think I have stolen my bassist/drummer/keyboard's last 3 girl/boyfriends... -300

I am the only person in the band that has a place large enough to practice in +25

You're the "sensitive" singer songwriter -300 (time to think about going solo and learning to play accoustic guitar... sorry...)

Another bandmate has ever stood behind you tapping your foot, correcting your lick or shouting changes in your ear... -200

Alright... now total it up.... now total up all other members in your band... Are you ready to cry yet? If so, my job here is done.... :p
  2. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Wait, shouldn't one get +500 for being able to play lead bass? Or like, +3000 for being able to play both lead and support bass at the same time? Or what if you're in one of those crappy highschool bands and you're the only one that has real gear (Not any of that Fender 30 watt crap)? Or what if you keep on askin' questions? Do you get -4000 for that?
  3. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Great questions. I will have to revise it. I just threw this together in a few minutes before I left the house :p BTW... I am a 275 in my current band... I think I should make more pitfalls for guitarist :p
  4. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

+500 for me, 50 for my drummer, that's the whole band. I reWl!!! [​IMG]
  5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

hah !!
    not what i thought this was going to be about ...

i guess i'm rated at 255 ... big deal ...
    i'm still the most organized , on time , funky , dependable member of the band .
  6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    w00t to that! :hyper:

But anyways, I got 255, pretty good or no?
  7. 5400!!! wait im NOT les claypool, bummer... um 400, it aint bad, but i guess i am the only REALLY dependable person in my band, and i added points caus ethe guitarist uses one of my amps!
  8. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    How much do you get for being the bass player and the keyboard player, and backing vox, all at the same time? 500 pts? Great! That brings me up to -4000.... ;)
  9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    My last band....45.

Band before that....110.
  10. ... 185, thank god for the crowds of the opposite sex one ... ahh well, but i am learning to be a lead bass player, do i get points for that? and i wear bell bottoms and a dawn of the dead t-shirt ... cliff points??