how much money will a repair cost?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Dec 22, 2004.

1. well its not really a repair but, i am gettingn a warmoth neck, hipshot tuners (the 1970s ones), and a badass bridge all of this is going on my fender jazz bass. how much will thsis cost to install? the badass bridge has to be filled for the strings to slot in.
  2. I'd say $100-200 by a good luthier.
  3. actually, you could do almost all of the installs, except the saddle filing. switching necks is simple as 4 screws, hipshot tuners are straight forward installs, and the badass II bridge is a direct replacement for a fender bridge, all you gotta do is unscrew the old bridge and screw on the new one.
  4. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    If he's getting a brand new neck (he said he's getting it from Warmoth) it is not as simple as four screws...

I would strongly suggest taking it to a skilled luthier for the neck replacement. I paid $100 labor for my last neck replacement.
  5. ohh, i figured it would have holes predrilled. if it doesnt then yeah, a luthier will be needed