Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much more work would this be?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by silentbodit, Sep 25, 2005.

1. :help: :bag:
    I am wanting to replace the stock pickups in my brice ghost (explorer) with either a passive set of emg hz or a set of barts.
    I found this auction on ebay and i am wondering if it would cause problems since all the wires have been cut? I have never replaced pickups before so I am kinda new to this. I dont mind rewiring if that is all there is too it. Thanks in advance for the help.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-EMG-35HZ-35-H...353053916QQcategoryZ41427QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

You'll be able to tell where the pup wires went from matching the cuts up and will actually be easier to figure out than if he'd desoldered them (like he should have). EMG has wiring digrams at any rate. At least he didn't cut the leads at the bay entrance like some morons do.

3. Okay that is kinda what I thought Just wanted to make sure I wouldnt have to tear apart the pups.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Those EMGs have quick clips and seems all their pups are epoxy potted so, for all practical purposes, they don't come apart. There are a few pup makers who can and will tear into epoxied pups but it would cost you more than a new pup set in most cases.