Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much power can an Eden 210XLT take?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mario Lewis, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I'm considering a pair of Eden 210 XLT's. Each one has an RMS rating of 350 W. So that means that they can max out at what.... 500W?

And a pair of them, similar to a 410 XLT (but more portable) can take 700 W RMS but that means what.... 1000W Max? I've heard of Eden 410 XLT's running comfortably on 1000W, so can the same be said for a pair of 210 XLT's? I have a Crown CE2000 that I want to use, and while I know that the CE2K could blow them, I'm really good at throttling back on the output.

I'd love to try the XST model, but there are simply none available (used) in my area.

Thanks!

2. The eden 210's are almost the same size as the 410's, and supposedly sound a lot deeper and fuller. If you look at the RMS rating, a pair of 210's would handle 700w, which is the same as a single 410. If posible, try both and see which you like better.

3. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    Yeah, but that's the RMS rating. A pair of 4 ohm cabs on 1 channel is gonna draw 925 w. granted I'm not gonna go full tilt with the ouput on the power amp, but would that do some harm for the sake of headroom?

And let's say I put 1 4 ohm cab on each channel, that'd be just over 600W is that too much for each cab?

4. That's all subjective and how you use it, I myself don't feel safe if I am running more watts than my cabs are rated for. But I could have 2000 watts, a 250 watt cab and just not use them all. There is always a bar, just know how far you can push it, whichever you choose will be a safe choice, and the handling will be the same. They would both be really nice.

5. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I don't know if this is going to answer your question... and I kinda doubt it, but maybe I can be helpful, so here goes...

I have a D410XLT, 4 Ohm, and I love it! My workhorse amplifier is an Ashdown ABM500 Evo II, which supposedly can push 575 watts @ 4 Ohms. So, see what you can take out of context here. My band mates and I practice in my company's 10K sq.ft. warehouse, which no doubt, is located in a industrial zone, so we can make all the noise we wish! I've cranked the Output level up to the 3 o'clock position, and pushed the Input level as high as High Noon. I even set the Valve Drive to 3 o'clock, and the cabinet held up just fine. Of course, I've no idea how many "watts" I was pushing through it, but it still sounds like the same 'ol Eden cab I received right out of the box.

Also... I recently (finally!) received my Marshall VBA400. This is a rather formidable, all-tube, 400 watt beast. I have a Bergantino NV215, 4 Ohm cab, which I use with the Ashdown on occasion. I paired my Eden with the Bergie, and ran the Marshall through the pair. I cranked that Marshall almost to the hilt, and the sound that eminated from those speakers is difficult to put into words. I'm afraid I need a poet for that...

Like I said, I doubt I've answered you question, but what I can say is: my D410XLT handles both my Ashdown by itself, and the Marshall, when paired with the Bergie... and it has returned from battle without a scratch... :bassist:

Aloha... :cool:

6. I've got a 4 ohm 210 XLT that I run with a bridged Crown CE 1000 in smaller rooms and have only made it distort one time.I had it off the floor about a foot and we were playing Hendrix Red House where it goes below E on my B string in the turnaround.I was trying to get a huge bottom end so I cranked the bass eq.on my bass quite a bit and halfway through the song I got a horrible blaaat sound out of my speaker.I turned the bass knob down and it sounded fine again.We were pretty loud and really the Eden did sound very loud and deep for a 210,as loud as some 410s I've had.My mistake was not putting the cabinet on the floor like I do now to get the extra low end you get coupling with the floor.

I don't think you should have a problem with too much power.I think you'll be loud enough way before you start getting close to the power limits of these cabinets unless you are playing very loud,they are very efficient cabinets.I had pair at one point and two of them really sound huge.

7. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    You can run a RMX5050 (5000 watts) into a Behringer 1x12 guitar cabinet if you use a little common sense. Just back off when you reach T.O.F. (threshold of farting). If your ears can't recognize T.O.F. then watch the lights on the front of the power amp. That's what they are there for. ;)

8. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    :p There you go... 'nuff said! You can take an Eden to battle, and it comes back without a scratch. I suppose that's why we pay the BIG BUCKS for those things, too! :eek:

Aloha... :cool: