Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How much power to a pair of 8 ohm Eden 410XLT's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mario Lewis, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I'm having to use a pair of 8 ohm Eden 410 XLT's at church.

I have a Peavey DPC that put out 1400 W Max at 4 ohms which is what the Eden's are when run in parallel. About 700W Max to each cab which is the RMS rating according to Eden specs.

I am considering a Stew 2.1 that'll put out 2100 W or about 1050 to each cab. Is 1000W too much for one 410XLT??

For those that are wondering, the bass doesn't get a line to the board, and the church is kinda big, and it's RIGHT next to the B3 Leslie and the drums are mic'ed as well as the choir. I need the power in order to be heard.

So for all the Eden experts, how much is too much to the 410 XLT cab?

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    700 watts. If that's not loud enough, get a second cab.

3. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Keep an ear out for over-excursion noises (from too much LF boost below the tuning frequency) and you should be fine. However, I am rather concerned about your ears (and anyone in the vicinity's) - you're all wearing earplugs aren't you? A rig like that is going to hit peak levels of about 140dB@1m!!!

Alex

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    dear sweet bejeezus, man...i think 1400W into a pair of eden 410xlt's (a VERY efficient cab, btw) is PLENTY...you must play at a rockin' church with no PA support :D

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ok, i jusr read your _entire_ post...everyone is mic'ed but you, it seems...well, i'm thinking 1400W is still going to be enough. the 2.1 should be fine, giving you plenty of headroom, but make sure your enclosure grills are screwed on tight...you wouldn't want to frag anyone with speaker cone shrapnel ;)