Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how much power: trace elliot gear related

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supernaut, Dec 3, 2004.

1. I have decided that I want to get a Trace Elliot V-type bass amp. I think the best thing for me to do would be to buy one of the hybrid models (AH300 or AH 600), since I can't afford one of the V6 or V8 heads.

I can pick up a AH300 for $450 or a AH600 for $650. anyone know much about the power ratings on these things and how loud they really are. I would be running two cabs - currently a Avatar B212 and B210, just needs to be loud enough for practice and small club sized gigs, we usually have PA at most of the larger places we play.

and anyone know if one would hold a higher re-sale value then the other, both are New Old stock. I don't want to spend the extra money if I don't have too.

2. Nectar8990

Nectar8990 Guest

Aug 1, 2005
    Albany, NY
    the ah600 has 600 watts and 1200 watt peak, and two speaker jacks for 4 ohms each, im almost positive that the ah300 has 300 watt, 600 watt peak w/ two speaker jacks 4 ohms each. the ah600 will have a higher resale than the ah300.

~peace

And so castles made of sand melt into the sea... eventually

~Hendrix

3. Nectar8990

Nectar8990 Guest

Aug 1, 2005
    Albany, NY
    if any other trace users on here i was wondering if the ah600/12 can have two 8ohm cabs hooked to one 4 ohm jack seperating the 4 ohms into 8 ohms each cab.

~thanx
    -peace

~Hendrix

4. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    My AH250 would easily power an Eden 2x10 and a Trace 1x15 so I think either will give you all the volume you need with your cabs. And considering how heavy they are I'd go with the small one. The only reason I'd even think of the bigger one is if you like to really boost the sub bass frequencies.