1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much should an Acoustic 370 cost?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TyKao, Oct 13, 2006.

1. TyKao

TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    I'd like to track one down, but have no good idea of what they should cost. I figure they're pretty famous, discontinued pieces of equipment, so they'd be a bit pricey.

This guy, however, seems to be asking for a bit much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Acoustic-370-Ba...yZ121159QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So how much should a "well-used" but otherwise functioning example of one of these heads cost?

Also, where could I go to get replacement switches and knobs?

2. that is a bit pricey, I have an acoustic 360 preamp with an acoustic 300 power amp that I paid less for, but it's going up in value which is cool. The amp itself has been molested by a previous owner but it was returned to stock, so I know I'll never get collectors prices for them.

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    WAY too much. More like $2-200 for a head. I see whole stacks going for $500-700.

Like any amp that's 35 years old, it's hard to get one in very clean condition. It's worse with a 370 because something that big and heavy is going to get banged into stuff a LOT over the years. I see lots of the heads with busted sliders, missing knobs, etc.

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    In good conditon they tend to go for $300-400 on ebay. One modded like the one in the link should go for no more than $200. Any mods to an electrical device are red flags. $250 should be the right price for any, but bidding frenzies drive the prices up for some reason. I paid $225 for mine with non-original tolex and in need of a going over by a tech.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    roughly the cost of building a new room in chiropractor's house mortgaged over a couple of years of moving that beast ...

6. I had an old 360 that I sold for about $300 (amp and cab).
    IMO he's asking way too much for that. Around $200 would be resonable.