1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How much should I ask?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peponr, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Peponr

Peponr

Aug 10, 2016
    Hi folks,

I am going to sell one of my older basses (it is time to get a new one) and I have no idea, what would be the appropriate price on the second-hand bass market.

It is a 2003 Fender Precision made in Mexico, stock pickups replaced with DiMarzio DP122 pickups. Honestly, I believe it is an exceptional piece, sounding somewhat better than most of her Mexican sisters.

Looking pretty good (considering how much I used to play with this beauty) except for some minor dents and scratches mostly on the back side of the body. Precision bridge cover installed as well (not in the picture though).

How much do you think i should ask for this bass?

All comments are highly appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

2. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Welcome to TalkBass. :)

Unfortunately, the TB TOS states:
    Good luck with the sale. :thumbsup:

3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    What @esa372 said. And, the cost of a supporting membership is less that the fees you would pay on EvilBay.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah Welcome! And what they said.

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

We can only give price quotes on items you are thinking of buying unless you are a supporting member. Your thread will likely get deleted as it reads like a free for sale ad. If you do not want to pay for supporting membership you can browse TB classifieds or Ebay's sold listings to get a ballpark.

Best of luck with your sale.

6. Peponr

Peponr

Aug 10, 2016
    Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me know, honestly, I didn't know about this :).. Well, my fault.

Feel free to delete this thread, I will repost it as soon as I send money to support the forum.

Thank you, have a great day :)

El-Bob likes this.