How much should I sell my rig for?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MonticelloRoad, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Hey,
    I really have no clue as far as going rates go for used equipment. Here's a list of what I have, I really prefer to just sell it all at once as opposed to pieces.

Peavey Pro500 Amp
    Sabine Rack Tuner
    Furman Plus-DM Power Conditioner (Lights, Amp, Voltage)
    BBE Sonic Maximizer
    6 Space Flight Rack
    Peavey Tour 4x10 Cab (2 years old excellent condition... looks rought on outside from heavy use, will recarpet if necessary)

Everything mounted in the rack is in excellent condition, hardly any show of use... maybe some from rackmount screws. I'm hoping to get $1,400 for this... honestly, would I be asking too much? What should this rig re-sell for? :help:
  2. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I'd say find out how much everything is new, add it all together, then take 1/3 off the total price tag. thats about the most you're going to get for it.
  3. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    It would be very hard to sell that gear as a package. People want certain things. Spli it up and sell it individually IMO. I think you'll get close to what you want that way. Close enough anyway.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Package it all up, and you could probably get $1000 for it on a good day. I would expect to get closer to $900.

The suggestion to sell it piece by piece is a good one. You might make a little more money, but it should sell faster.

5. Thanks... maybe splitting it up is my best best. I was just trying to avoid the hassle of all the shipping, but it def makes the most sense. Do you think my best luck would be selling here on TB or on Ebay?
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

I know what you mean about shipping hassles. That is alot of stuff to ship one at a time.

You can sell it here, but you'll need to cough up $20 for a supporting membership to have the added perk of posting items for sale in the Gear Classifieds here at TB. You can become a supporting member by clicking here: Become a SM. eBay works, but you have to pay for that AND deal with all the flakes that come with eBay. Add to that the fact that alot of musicians are not the most reliable individuals. Not saying your deals here at TB will be flawless, but you have a better chance of dealing with "less flaky" people here.