Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how much should i sell this crap for?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by old_skool, Sep 18, 2001.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    hi, heres the deal. i need a 4x10 and the local music shoppe has one for sale. im 16 years old and have NO job (its harder than hell to find a job in this town). my pod helps boost my amps (workingmans 15) volume a bit but i really cant justify having it. id like to find a tone and leave it, which defeats the point of having it. i cant see myslef using more than half of the effects. so i ask you what would be a good price to sell a used pod, floorboard, and the pod mount. i still have everything that came with it. id also need to get rid of my squier jazz bass. ive had it 2 months and just dont feel comfortable on a 4 and again cant justify having it. what would be a good price to ask for this. theres not a scratch on it. thanks guys.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, it's a rough guess, but since most gear of that type can be bought new at about two-thirds of list, I'd say about half of list price is about what you could expect. GC will buy it back from you at about one-fourth of list, and sell it used at half list or a little more.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Of course, you could also list it in the TalkBass classifieds and ask for the best offer. You're not obliged to sell if no one takes it.

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    You might checking the going prices on Ebay. That would give you some idea of what you can expect to get.

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Crap is usually worth more to you than it is to a retailer.

Try selling the Squire for the same price you paid for it.

If it's only two months old maybe...do you still have the reciept? Take it back to the shop for store credit on the original price. Do they have a 30 60 90-day return policy?