how much should we charge?......

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tucker, May 28, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    How much should we charge for playing parties like your friends and playing for entertainment? I played a party and we were't supposed to get paid cause it was one of my guitarists best friend. But her grandma came up to us and gave us a check for a $100.00. We are a 4 piece band and I thought of how much should we charge for parties? I thought of $160, 3 people in the band drive I don't, so gas is needed.
  2. If it's a friends party (or a friend of a friend like you describe), I wouldn't charge anything. Well, I might ask for free beer. If it's a party for someone you don't know, that's something you'll need to work out with the host. If it's a house party, you might ask for $100 or so. For a larger event, maybe 300-500 depending on the size of the crowd. But I'm not sure how many of those you're going to be playing at the age of seventeen
  3. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Yeah, for a personal friend, I probably wouldn't charge anything. I would anticipate they would allow me to sample the hospitality, though, and they might kick in for expenses.

For anything else, I'd say a good rule of thumb is two to three bucks a head for a small party -- 25 to 100 people.
  4. i would only charge if it was like a rent party. two bits a gander.