1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How much to pay for a used MIM Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wattoosi, Nov 5, 2004.

1. A guy's got an almost new MIM Fender bass for sale, not bad. How much do these depreciate off of the "new" retail price? I mean, how much off would be a good deal? He's asking about 25% off, at the moment this is where it's at. Thanks!

2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Used MIM Fenders can be had every single day for $200-300.

3. Oh, forgot, this is a MIM "Zone" on MF they are around $600

4. I bought a used Fender Deluxe V on eBay for around $380, but it had EMG pickups and a BTB-01 preamp installed. The EMGs didn't fit the routes, so I replaced them with Barts. It's a great bass!

[​IMG]

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I am kind of curious on this one myself. I was looking at a MIM Deluxe with a bunch of mod's, but when is it just too much and you go with the MIA? The one I am looking at has the sunburst colour, EMG's with the EMG 18v preamp installed, a Badd Ass II bridge and a Graphtech nut + the hard shell case? I mean with all of the upgrades, it is virtually a MIA without the sticker? :ninja:

6. Yeah, cool I was looking for sort or a general idea, like "blue book" so I it all works out.