1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much tolex

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cliffbass1, Mar 13, 2010.

1. cliffbass1

cliffbass1

Jun 1, 2003
    Minnesota
    So i got sick of my carpet on my Swr Cab so i ripped it all off ( trust me its a royal pain to take off) and i'm gonna put some tolex on it, i'm just not sure how much i need.
    my cabinet dimensions are 23"W x 25.25"H x 18.375"D
    thx for any help

2. cliffbass1

cliffbass1

Jun 1, 2003
    Minnesota
    bump

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    It's sold by the square yard, 36"x36". Quite a few places sell it off of 54" rolls so a yard would be 54"x36". Parts Express is one, there are many others. Google and compare prices. 2 yards would be a piece 54"x72", 3 yards 54"x108" etc. You need enough to go around top, bottom and both sides and end up with a single seam on the bottom of the cab. Figure on needing an extra piece to put on the back although depending on how you do the seams you may not need it if you have enough wrap around to cover it and don't mind seams running diagonally across the back all meeting at the jackplate. Putting the seams square around the back and using a separate piece on the back looks a little more professional although it is the back, out of sight. You can get similair stuff from you local fabrics store if they carry marine grade cloth backed vinyl. Look locally also at any place that does boat or car upholstry.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020