1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much water do you drink?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Skel, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I hear all the time about how people don't drink enough water. I guess you're supposed to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. I like water just fine if I'm thirsty, but forcing water down just doesn't seem right. Doesn't your body tell you what it wants, and how much? I'd be interested to know about people that consciously drink water just for the sake of drinking it for health reasons.

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I drink a 1.5 litre bottle of water everyday. I do it for health reasons. It has contributed to me losing 38 pounds this year.

3. i rarely drink water, i dont like the taste of it in this country. only when im out of soda or juice will i force down a glass

4. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    I drink about 3-4 glasses of water a day in bottle form. My mom drinks about 8.. she always has though. She hates the taste of anything but tea or water. It's supposed to help flush toxins out of your system or some crap.. i dunno

5. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    i was a 4+ a day 20oz diet pepsi drinker, but I also always liked water.

About 3 months ago I'll only have a pepsi in for lunch, and I'll drink at least 6 32oz glasses of water a day (The cup is a 48oz cup that i pack with ice so i call it 32oz) I smoke too .. so always got to have somethin to drink too ...

anyways, already noticed the poundage dropping ..

and the diet pepsi tastes worse and worse each day ..

only problem now is i have to pee at least once an hour. lol :)

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I will typically drink about 100 fl. oz. of water throughout the day. I just sip at it throughout the day and fill it up when I need to. I don't do it for a specific reason other than I like having something around to drink.

7. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I drink too much COFFEE! Have to force myself to drink water.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I do close to a gallon a day of water.

-Mike

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

about 2 litters a day

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    2 liters minimum, often a little more, sometimes 3 liter.

11. I'm at about 5-6 bottles a day. I used to do more, it's helped me lose alot of weight.

12. Same here. If I'm out working somewhere though, nothing quenches thirst better than water. I cringe when I see somebody who's really sweating tilt up a mountain dew or something. ugh.

13. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I think it does flush out toxins AND crap.

I try to drink a lot of water when I'm at work. I probably drink about 40 oz of plain water a day, but there's also water in food and other drinks too.

14. Water smells like bleach in NY.

15. Between 1 and 2 liters.

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Usually around two litres, if not a little more.

17. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I can honestly say that I do not drink water; at all.

I drink coffee in the morning.

I drink coffee with lunch.

I drink diet soda with dinner and I drink coffee after dinner.

At night I have a bunch of diet soda.

NEVER water.
    [​IMG]

Joe

18. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Right on Joe. That struck me as very funny!

19. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I try to drink as much as I can, probably not enough but I am a compulsive ice chewer at home so I'm sure that helps.

20. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Maybe a glass or two a day, a soda, a cup of coffee, and a bunch of juice. In the summer I drink a ton of water, since every rehersal space is 1000 degrees, and the kitchen I work in is at least 2000.