1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much will this cost?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gonzo476, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    I'm thinking about ordering a Subdecay Prometheus as my first pedal for my synth pedalboard (I've heard that this filter simply rawks for electronica and house stuff, but please correct me if I'm wrong :bag:). The thing is that I would like to order it from Tone Factor because it's sooo much cheaper...there's only a problem: I wouldn't be able to use it with a power brick because of the differente voltage here in Europe (240V). So now my questions:
    1) How much would it cost to modify the power connection of the pedal so it work with European voltages?
    2) In case it isn't ridiculously expensive, where can I take it to modify it? A music shop, a luthier...?

2. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    You are wrong and lucky at the same time. This pedal takes 9V, so any 9V adaptor will do. The pedal doesn't have built in transformer, so no mod is needed.

3. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

Mar 1, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    You've made me happy :D thanks man.

4. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    The Prometheus is a great filter, and has a nice character for synthy stuff. If I were spending that kind of money on my first filter for such an application, my money would go towards a filter with an exp input for sweep; that said- the Prometheus is a great filter and would probably suit your needs well.